About Thimba Media
Thimba Media is a lead generation and content marketing company. Since Thimba was founded in 2016, we have built a network of websites, guides and apps to deliver marketing services to potential customers for some of the biggest iGaming brands in the world. Thimba Media has expanded rapidly since its formation and operates offices in Waterford, London and Johannesburg, serving clients across 15 countries.
Top Skills Required
Thimba Media’s Finance team is one of the core departments of the company. The Finance team oversees everything from monthly accounts to managing payments to our many suppliers and internal employees. Finance makes sure we are on top of regulations and tax in all their shapes and forms and measures financial progress across Thimba Media’s various projects.
As well as keeping the financial cogs turning and guiding the company towards its purchase and acquisition goals, the Finance department also organises the special perks that make company life fun, from summer parties to payday breakfasts.
The successful candidate will be involved in the financial and management accounting of the Group’s entities. The role will be challenging and will offer exposure to all areas in the business.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet.
- Post accounting entries to the sales ledger, purchase ledger and to the nominal ledger
- Responsible for completing bank reconciliations and the posting of bank transactions onto the system on a daily and weekly basis
- Assisting with other monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Monitoring revenues and costs across multiple departments and reporting variances
- Monthly sales invoicing and assisting in the credit control process to identify late payments
- Assisting with the payment runs
- Assisting in the annual and quarterly budgeting process; liaising with and providing support to departments to help formulate their budget
- Filing of Vat & VIES returns
- Maintenance of General Ledger
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Ad-hoc duties within the finance team.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Qualified accountant technician and/ or part qualified accountant
- Excellent general computer skills with emphasis on Excel
- Excellent Communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines.
- SageOne an advantage but not a requirement.
Apply for Assistant Accountant Role
You can apply to the above position, by simply filling out the contact form below;